This September, Claris had several new announcements and updates. Of course, we can expect to see developments and news ramp up as Claris continues to build towards their recently announced rebranding and overhauling suite of offerings. In addition to the typical tweaks and fixes, there are some exciting changes that pave the way for the future of Claris FileMaker. Users can expect more updates in line with this one as Claris continues to roll out their previously announced plans.
Claris’s major announcement is the release of Claris Studio. Part of their new lineup of offerings and naming convention, Claris Studio replaces Claris Connect. It offers the same functionality: insights through charts, reports, and dashboards.
Claris Studio allows users to run reports, create charts, and more. Data is updated and reflected in real-time across the Claris platform. Features include:
- Dashboard: Claris Studio’s dashboard allows for quick and easy access to a holistic view of your data.
- Forms: Collect and view data.
- Spreadsheets: Aggregate data and sort or filter it by specific parameters.
- List-detail: Organize information into a list, with the ability to view or edit.
- Kanban: Track project progress.
Claris has also promised that users can expect other features and functionality to be added in the future.
Update 19.5.4 is here and it brings several helpful updates. The most notable of these is the in-software news updates.
- In-product Notifications: Claris can now share the latest news directly in the FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server software. Users can be alerted to new changes and updates as they roll in.
- macOS: The quick start experience is no longer available.
- New Files: FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server can now open files that could not be reopened after modifying the settings in the File Options dialog box with a limited access account.
Other recent updates include:
- Use a Single Claris ID: A single email and password can be used to log into Claris Pro, Claris Studio, and all other Claris products. It’s a simple but appreciated quality of life change.
- New File Extension: Apps created with Claris Pro now use the extension “.claris”. Claris server can now host these files.
- Claris Go App: Claris Go will soon be available on the app store for iOS and iPadOS.
Kyo Logic will continue to bring you exciting Filemaker news and updates. If you have any questions about these changes, or you’d like to know how FileMaker can work for your business, you can reach out to us here.